An emergency situation has been declared in Estonia due to the pandemic spread of the coronavirus in the world.

From 17 March there will be a temporary restriction on entry to Estonia for foreign nationals who do not hold an Estonian residence permit or right of residence, or have family members in Estonia. Foreigners are allowed to transit Estonia on the way to their home country if they do not show symptoms of COVID-19. At the border control travel documents and medical symptoms will be checked.There are no restrictions on exiting the country.

We care about your and everyone’s health. For this reason and in order to stop the spread of the coronavirus and flu, we kindly ask you to seriously consider whether coming to the representation is essential, and refrain from doing so if you are not feeling well, suspect that you or a family member has become infected, or you or a family member has been in an area of the coronavirus epidemic in the past 14 days. Thank you for your understanding!

In addition to previous measures, restrictions on movement are in force in Estonia from 14 March in line with the emergency situation.

On 17 March 2020, applications for Schengen visas and long-stay visas to Estonia can no longer be submitted at representations and visa centres of external service providers. This also applies to Schengen visa applications that are processed by Estonia on behalf of another member state.

Further information

Temporary Residence Permit (TRP)

If a person intends to stay in Estonia for longer than one year, they must apply for a Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) at the Embassy, and travel to Estonia after receiving the TRP card from the Embassy. In certain cases (study, start-up business, working at a start-up) it is possible to apply at the Embassy for a D-visa even if the intended stay is longer than one year. In these cases, the applicant would travel to Estonia on a D-visa, and then apply for a Temporary Residence Permit at the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board.  You may also apply for a D-visa and a TRP at the same time. The processing time for a D-visa is about 15 working days, and processing time of TRP is 2-3 months.


Below are the main documents required to apply for a TRP, and for a full list of supporting documents, please refer to the different categories on the Estonian Police and Border Guard website HERE.

All forms should be filled out online, printed, and signed.

  • Passport
  • 1 digital colour photo (click HERE for photo requirements abides by guidelines)
  • Insurance
  • Additional documents (legal income, flight and accommodation details etc)

For Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka passports!



Please book an online appointment in person –  choose from the calendar “residence permit” and add to the comment the main reason for applying the TRP.


Embassy do not accept cash payments!

TRP type Cost
Temporary Residence Permit   95 €
TRP for Employment   125 €
TRP for Business  citizen   190 €
To settle with spouse or close relative who is an Estonian   50 €

Payment of the TRP state fee:

By bank transfer:
Recipient: Rahandusministeerium (Ministry of Finance)
Recipient’s account IBANs:
SWEDBANK           EE932200221023778606
SEB PANK               EE891010220034796011
DANSKE BANK      EE403300333416110002
NORDEA BANK     EE701700017001577198

Reference number:  2900082443
Please indicate the name of the act, the name and personal identification code (if available) of the person for whom the payment was made (e.g.: residence permit – Priyanka Gupta, 40302010000)


Click HERE for more information for the applicant of a Temporary Residence Permit.

Last updated:  28 May 2019