For Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka and other third country citizens

Applying for a Schengen visa 

Applicants have to lodge their visa applications in countries where they reside. The residents of Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka have to apply for a Schengen visa at the Embassies of other Schengen Member States representing Estonia, as follows:

Important notice: it is not possible to apply for a long-stay visa (D-visa) in these Embassies.

Please see HERE the full list of countries where Estonia is represented by another Member State for issuing Schengen visas. In case there is no Estonian Embassy or other Schengen Member State Embassy representing Estonia in your country, you may apply for Schengen visa also in the Embassy of Estonia in New Delhi.

  • When making online booking for appointment, please choose “long-term visa” and add personal details (name, phone, e-mail). Very important is to add to the comment field the citizenship, main reason for applying visa and pre-filled visa application number.
  • Document requirements
  • The visa application decision process will take 7 – 15 working days.
  • Attention! Please note that if you are lodging your application at the Estonian Embassy in Delhi, and you do not speak or understand either Estonian, English or Hindi you must take with you an interpreter.


Applying for a temporary residence permit

Please also see the general information about issue of residence permits to the third country nationals on the webpage of the Police and Border Guard Board of Estonia.

Important notice: Original Marriage Certificate (for settling with a spouse) and Birth Certificates (for settling with a parent) must be either apostilled by the home country or legalized by the home country and Estonian competent authorities.